Open wound with stitches Halloween tutorial

10:07 AM

Hello!

Halloween has just passed and I had a huge bunch of work on it. I was creating 8 characters and 2 simple makeups that day and it made me really tired. Its hard to spend 5 hours on your feet painting people, don't you agree?

my wound is not that realistic but...
Anyways, now I will show how to create very simple open wound with stitches which looks better on a bit tanned skin, cause I have very pale skin and some colors I've used couldn't match it.

Colors of paint were mixed by myself mostly but you can try to find similar colors or mix them yourself too.
These are the tools I've used.

1. Simplest eyeshadow I've found in a bit dark red, black, light pink, a bit more pinky, natural beige and light beige. (Pink eyeshadow are not necessary if you don't have pale skin)

2. Liquid paints in black, white, red and dark red. I've mixed red and a drop of black to get dark red. Those paints used to be Kryolan aquacolors liquid. But you can use 2/4 gouache, 1/4 acrylic paint and 1/4 glycerin to get those paint. Please don't use them much or often and apply some primer on your face before applying gouache.



3. Thin detail brush

4. Lip brush

5. Smudge tool

7. Brown eyeliner pencil


I have my pale wrist ready for work. I don't need any primer cause I'm using special body makeup.

First. Draw the outlining sketch of the future wound. The thinner it will be, the better in this case. It will look more natural later.




Then fill the sketch with red paint



Outline the filling with dark red eyeshadow from the line towards the center trying to blend it into the red.




Add a little bit of black eyeshadow to the outer line and then take the white paint and lightly contour the wound with it. This white line should be smudged with a tool. (point 5 in a list above) You can add those pinky eyeshadow if you have the rosy-pale skin like mine.


You can add a bit more dark red to the inner area of the wound and leave it like that. Fake blood will help it to look even more realistic but I don't have that so I've decided to make it more old and add stitches.

Draw some black stitches making them a bit curved to a small angle.


Then add white outline to them repeating contour you've created.


After that add small dots of black eyeshadow to tips of your stitches and smudge it out with a very small amount of dark red on the tool. Add a bit of white/light beige eyeshadow to those smudged areas.


With black paint create 'C' around area where the stitch enters the skin and outline the whole drawing with beige eyeshadow repeating the contour of the wound. You should draw an outline about 2 millimeters away from the wound and smudge it away too.


You can add more dark red inside the wound like I've done with mine.


That's all for this open wound and small tutorial.

If you want, you may draw it with ripped edges, this will give a good look too.

And here's the wound I've made earlier. It has no tutorial but it looks better in my opinion because of white stitches.


Hope you like it. :)
If yes, please like this post or facebook post or... just let me know that you like it and I should continue these "creations".

- your Dragon V.

You Might Also Like

0 comments