5 Minutes makeup?

10:46 PM

I think all of you have seen those posts about 5 minutes makeup and other tricks, even with the time written.
Something like this:



Yeah, it looks great and helpful but this thing doesn't really work! At least on me. I don't know whats wrong with my makeup time but I do all of my makeup in 15-20 minutes, not in 5!
I've tried even to do faster and the fastest time - 10 minutes. Am I defective or what?

I repeat all the same steps for my makeup everyday.
First step: Preparation
I always start with ELF hydrating primer. It smells not very good and feels like vaselin at first but a bit later its amazing thing. 
On primer I apply Elf bb cream in fair light with a rounded foundation brush and blend it with slightly wet makeup sponge. 
And this step takes about 3 minutes. Really. I cannot do all of this in 50 seconds. I'm not a Flash!


Second step: Conceal
I use two or even three concealers depending on what I need. 5 Days a week I'm like a real owl and I have a huuuuge undereye circles which I need to conceal. These days I prefer Rimmel Stay Matte stick in Soft Ivory cause it has that light pinky-peach color that matches my skin perfectly. Without any blending, just on top of cream concealer I apply liquid Lumene Highlighter "Touch of radiance", I thinks it the lighest tone with pink shade. And when both products are ready I tap it into my awful undereyes with the same slightly wet sponge I used for my foundation.
This step also takes about 3-4 minutes which are not 55 seconds described on a pic above!


Third step: Contour and blush
This is very easy thing. I use Vivienne Sabo  Voyage a Saint Tropez bronzer and a light brown color from Smashbox contour kit. Starting with applying bronzer lines with angled contour brush. I use sides of the brush to apply thin lines of bronzer. Then I take small amount of light brown corrector with the main surface of the brush and blend those two colors together. Bronzer gives a bit of rosy color and light brown corrector covers it which give the right rosy-gray contour I need. 
The step takes about 2 minutes. Not 40 seconds. Never.


Fourth step: Brows
I don't like to use brow pencils or markers. I have quite thick natural eyebrows. So I use Angel Mask korean brow powder (I think number 5) and a small angled brush. Very simple and easy apply powder with brush and use the special eyebrow brush to get the even color.
1 minute. Hooray! Its close to 40 seconds from the picture!


Fifths step: Eyes
Very simple step everyone knows. Primer or base for eyeshadow, eyeshadow itself and eyeliner.
5 minutes for eye makeup. I cannot do it in 70 seconds. Could you?

I skip the sixth step cause I don't really like something like lipstic on my lips though I use Baby Lips from Maybelline. I have three of them - purple with peach scent, green with mint scent and blue one which has light scent of I dont know what.
Oh, the sixth step might be my translucent powder IsaDora and powder brush. Less than 1 minute.




So the final count of an everyday makeup iiiiiissss - 15 minutes.
And my thoughts are like "Where is my 5 minutes makeup? Why can't I do those steps in 5 minutes? What's wrong with me?"



Let me know what you think about it, how long it takes you to do your makeup and... subscribe if you like it!
- Your Dragon V

You Might Also Like

0 comments