Scales? Definitely yes (win part)

8:36 AM

Hey everyone!
Finally my hands were able to manage the scales which I wanted. It's not the exact thing I was imagining but I like it anyway.

I've spent about 2 weeks trying to figure out how to create easy and normal looking scales. I've tried dragon/mermaid scales painting techniques which doesn't really work well on skin but looks good on paper. I draw a dragon face with all the scales on a paper but when tried to repeat same steps on my own face it was awful...
My hand was the main testing area cause the face wont really handle so many paintings and removing of the paint and then again and once more and remove and back again.

Look at the painting tutorial I've tried to use. It works great on paper, amazingly great, but on skin... Probably at this point I'm just unable to create fine scales with classic drawings but I will continue trying.



Finally my mind found out the the rounded flat brush and different amount of paint on it will create the effect I need and the final thing I've got is this:


I'm pretty pleased with the final look even though I had to photoshop that green hair... Please excuse me for that little trick.

The video will be up on youtube a bit later! Hope you'll like it and if yes I would appreciate your thumbs up and subscribing to my channel!

Feel free to contact me if you have questions, comments or just want to talk to me :)




-V

You Might Also Like

0 comments